Happy Wednesday! I am sharing, by popular request the recipe I use for gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies! I made them yesterday and my entire family ate them in one night!! So, they’re pretty good! Also, I posted on Insta Stories about making them and got quite a few DM’s asking for the recipe so here it is! It’s super simple and doesn’t really require any “special” ingredients.
1 cup butter flavored Crisco (which is surprisingly vegan!)
2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsps. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (the Nestlé ones are vegan)
1. Mix crisco, gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs for about one minute on medium-low speed. I always use my Kitchen Aid mixer.
2. Next add mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix on low for about 30 seconds.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375.
6. Scoop about 1 Tbsp of dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I love this cookie scoop. It works *perfectly* and I use it every single time I make cookies!
7. Bake for about 9 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, leave on tray for 5 minutes, this will allow them to finish baking completely. Remove and place cookies on cooling racks to cool.